STUDENT MENTOR SCHEME
What is the Mentor Scheme?
At Panthera, we offer a Student Mentor Scheme whereby select Panthera Students have the opportunity to train up as a dance teacher, achieving qualifications along the way to get there.
What does the Mentor Scheme offer those who are selected?
- The opportunity to assist and co-teach classes at Panthera, alongside Hatti and other teachers at Panthera, with weekly feedback sessions to assist improvement
- To be registered and identified within Panthera Dance Company as a Trainee Teacher
- Learn and experience the ‘behind the scenes’ of dance schools and classes, with admin tasks and becoming a first hand representative of the company
- Support and guidance to the student engaged in academic qualifications within the national curriculum
- Dance Leaders Level 1 and/or Level 2 – fully funded by Panthera Dance Company
- DBS Checks for those over 16 – fully funded by Panthera Dance Company
- First Aid Training – fully funded by Panthera Dance Company
- Personalised Trainee Teacher t-shirts
- The potential opportunity to receive a dance teacher role at Panthera Dance Company when 18
- Learn to display high-level citizenship qualities and to ‘Lead by Example’, becoming a role model for young people
What do we look for?
Students who show:
- Good knowledge of techniques and performance elements within dance
- Excellent behaviour characteristics
- Competence and capability in their dance ability
- A willingness to volunteer and help around the studios
- Confidence, and a responsible attitude
- Readiness for a challenge
- Support towards the principles of the company, and Lead by Example.
How can I get on the Mentor Scheme?
Students for the Mentor Scheme are selected by Principals, Hatti and Anya, and Managing Director, Jerry, in consultation with our qualified teaching staff.
In order to establish and support entry onto the scheme, parents will be required to provide documentary evidence or information to support the candidates high standard of behaviour and their individual character traits. This may include school reports and/or other reference documents by agreement.
Once selected, students will be expected to represent Panthera Dance Company and the high standards it sets to its Teachers and students alike, and therefore any deviation from these principles may result in removal from the scheme.
This is an invitation only scheme, for students of Panthera aged 12 and above.
You can register your interest, however the scheme is invitation only.
How do I know this scheme is worth it?
Those selected for the scheme will improve their confidence, and raise their self worth.
Our very own, Elly Safe, went through this Mentor Scheme between 2020 and 2022, training under both Hatti and Anya.
Elly is now a fully qualified Dance Teacher at Panthera, and teaches at least 6 classes a week, of Street Dance to ages 4-11.
How many can be on the Mentor Scheme at once?
There is no fixed limit for places on the mentor scheme as students are selected on the characteristics we have displayed above. Currently we have Rosie, Beth, Rihanna and Bella training.
Dance Leaders Course
Dancer Leaders Level 2 training is available for all students above the age of 13.
This qualification is a nationally recognised qualification that enables successful learners to assist to lead purposeful and enjoyable dance activity sessions, under indirect supervision.
61 hours is the running total qualification time needed to achieve the certificate, with 30 hours of tutored time.
Join Hatti every Thursday from 6-7pm (in term time), in Studio Two, learning and achieving this qualification.
If you decide you want this qualification, it does not mean that you will be accepted onto the Student Mentor Scheme, nor does it mean it will result in a volunteering or paid job at Panthera. Those who are on the Mentor Scheme, receive this qualification fully funded by Panthera Dance Company.
If you would like more information on costings, timings or anything more general, please email email@example.com